Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What divorce has taught me.

What I’ve learned through divorce….

…that I took being a Stay-At-Home Mom for granted.

…that I am willing to do whatever it takes to provide for my children.

…that I’m stronger than I thought I was.

…it’s easier being alone than it is living with someone who doesn’t respect you.

…my kids are pretty incredible to go through what they’ve gone through and come out still laughing.

…that you can be hospitalized for exhaustion.

….that nights without my children are a real life nightmare.

…that God still cares even when you’re on the floor screaming at Him in anger.

…that there are people that genuinely care about you.

…there are people that pretend to care because they want the latest gossip that is your life.

…that my house stays immaculate when my kids are with their dad.

…that I’d rather have a dirty house than an immaculate house.

…that you lose friends you never thought would abandon you.

…that you gain friends you didn’t even know you had.

…that people like to judge, especially Christian people, though not all Christian people.

…that it’s really hard to open up to anyone after you’ve been judged so harshly.

…that out of everything that’s happened the last 10 years I have two incredibly amazing kids out of it and for that I would do it all again.

…that it’s possible to be so exhausted yet have your mind filled with so much that it’s impossible to sleep.

…that my idea of the perfect day is dinner and a board game with my kids.

…to be continued…

1 comment:

  1. the lesson of "…there are people that pretend to care because they want the latest gossip that is your life."---that is sooo SAD....ugg on them!!!

    this one:
    …that there are people that genuinely care about you.
    is ME!!
    LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete